2. Body Movin’
The easiest way to work out is when you don’t realise you’re doing it. You can improve your fitness and decrease stress levels without ever setting a foot inside the hotel gym. Try adding some of these enjoyable, but highly effective Byron Bay activities to your break away.
- Kayaking. A perfect low impact workout to increase fitness and improve strength and flexibility. You think you’re enjoying ocean spray, sunshine and getting close to dolphins and turtles but actually you’ll be working your arms, shoulders, chest, torso and legs. Get paddling with our Earth To Surf Adventure Tour or Ocean to Summit Adventure Tour.
- Mountain Biking. While your body is busy burning 600-1000 calories per hour you’ll only be noticing the awesome adrenalin hit and marvelling at the beauty of hidden forest tracks. The ultimate “office body” combat for your legs, thighs and butt, so do yourself and your body a favour and book our Bike ‘n Hike Adventure Tour.
- Hiking. Exploring the lush hinterland rainforest or getting to the top of Mt Warning won’t just connect you with nature, recharge your energy levels and still your mind, it will also deliver a whole body workout and a huge sense of achievement. We have a range of great hiking tours. Click here to view.
- Walking. You won’t notice you’ve walked 1.5 hours along the Byron Bay Lighthouse Walk as you marvel at the migrating humpback whales (between June – early November), dolphins, sea turtles and perhaps some sharks. You’ll also be rewarded with incredible district and ocean views! Our Big Day Out Byron Bay Tour can take you there!
3. Heart to Heart
Slowing down to spend meaningful time with friends, family and your partner doesn’t just make us happy. Studies show that having great connections and getting together with other people reduces the risk of many health problems such as heart disease and even dementia. So gather a group of old friends or make some new ones on a guided adventure tour like our Big Day Out Byron Bay Tour.
4. Food for Thought
Eating fresh healthy food can super charge your body and heal you from the outside in. It can be super tasty too. Use the momentum of being on holidays to focus on what you put into your body and try these simple ways to avoid over indulging.
- Explore Byron Bay’s fresh local produce from the markets
- Eat breakfast! Take advantage of having the time to include a healthy start to your day and try to continue this habit once your holiday is over
- Try staying in self-contained accommodation to allow you to prepare some meals yourself and avoid eating out every night
- Allow yourself some treats. Extreme deprivation will only lead to binging out in the worst way
- Get busy. Don’t revolve your days around meals
- Moderate your drinking. By all means have a drink but moderation is the key
5. Put Your Feet Up
Schedule in some time to do nothing. Both your brain and your body need a chance to unwind and be at peace. Having rest days also helps you gain maximum benefit from your exercise.
Feeling inspired? It’s just so easy to have a fun-filled but rejuvenating Byron Bay holiday that feeds your body, mind and spirit. No extreme measures, no deprivation – just balance and whole lot of adventure. Come and join us for some unforgettable tours, which just happen to be healthy for you too!