Visit Byron Bay for a day, a week or longer and it will touch your life forever. There’s a magic in this place that seems to reach out and grab onto us all; regardless of age, lifestyle, income or the time of year you visit. As long time locals (and top notch guides!) we’ve spent time with thousands of travellers and this experience has taught us a thing or two about the way people like to experience Byron Bay. We’ve noticed two distinct camps – people who like to travel at lightning speed and others who prefer to take it slow, soaking up as much as they can. So which travel style is for? There’s a backpack full of benefits to both sides, so let’s take a look:
The main advantage of fast travel is the number of experiences you can fit into a short amount of time. If you plan your trip carefully, you can explore Byron Bay and beyond all in a day and tick a lot off your to-do list before you head home. Visit the Cape Byron Lighthouse, tick. Explore a hinterland village, tick. Experience adrenalin action, tick. Get in touch with nature, tick. Enjoy a delicious local meal, tick.
Best Byron Tours:
If you’re the type of person who thrives on non-stop fun or you’re only in Byron Bay for a few days, these Byron Bay Adventure Tours are for you:
- Half Day Out Byron Bay Tour – Hit all the big icons of Byron Bay, in half a day!
- Byron Bay 360 Tour – Get the total package including the best of Byron Bay, from the air and by foot!
- Big Day Out Hinterland Tour - All the rainforest, waterfalls and wildlife you can handle in one day!
- Earth to Surf Tour – Coast or country? Why stop at one! Bush walking to Minyon Falls followed by an afternoon kayaking with dolphins in Byron Bay.
- Bike n’ Hike Tour – Can’t decide between rainforest, waterfalls, climbing Mt Warning or mountain biking? Well don’t! Do it ALL!
A more relaxed and laid-back itinerary is what attracts many people to slow travel. Taking the time to get to know a place, the locals and sampling the best the region has to offer. Slow travel is conducive to lounging about, setting a leisurely pace and making the most of your holiday.
Best Byron Tours:
If you dislike being rushed or zipping from one place to another, then slow travel and these Byron Bay Adventure Tours are for you:
- Byron & Beyond Tour – Unwind and take in the best of the bay, the magic of Crystal Castle and slow-cooked local food at the Eltham Valley Pantry.
- The Overnight Escape Tour – Take time to acquaint yourself with the joys of the Byron hinterland, its rainforest and local communities including Nimbin’s feel good vibes. Sleep under the stars and stroll around the local markets before spending an afternoon lazing on the beach.
- Ocean to Summit Tour – Spread over two days, you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy climbing to the highest point in the region and kayaking to the most easterly.
- Mt Warning Sunrise Walk Tour – Soak up your peaceful forest campsite, take a splash in a rock pool, roast marshmallows around a campfire and bask in the first sunrays to hit mainland Australia at sunrise from the peak of Mt Warning.
The choices of what to do and see in Byron Bay are sometimes overwhelming and regardless of your preference, be it travelling fast or travelling slow, it’s a relief to sit back, enjoy and have your adventure perfectly planned for you. Happy travels.